|astridv (astridv) wrote,|
@ 2006-04-22 11:54 pm UTC
Thyme-rice balls with tomatoes and green onions.
For 4 servings:
200 g rice
a dozen spring onions
80 g wholemeal toast crumbs (first toast, then crumble)
60 g grated parmesan
a handful of thyme, hacked
freshly ground pepper
2 table spoons of olive oil
500 g skinned tomatoes (fresh or canned)
3 large cloves of garlic
40-50 g butter
1. Wash & cook rice
2. Cut spring onions into little rings. Hack tomatoes.
3. Mix the slightly cooled rice with the eggs, toast crumbs, parmesan and half the thyme; salt and pepper.
4. Steam the onions in oil (not too hot) for 5 minutes in a lidded pan. Add tomatoes, salt, pepper and squeezed garlic. Steam for another 5 minutes.
5. Form 12 balls from the rice mix. Fry from both sides in hot butter with the rest of the thyme, until the rice balls are gold-brown.
6. Serve the rice balls on the vegetables
The recipe says '4 servings', but three hungry people could probably finish it, too. We didn't leave a single crumb.
All the measurements are metric, but here's a handy table for measurement conversion.